Unsightly and painful varicose veins can be easily removed surgically.
Until recently, stripping the vein, a procedure performed under a general anaesthetic, was the standard surgical treatment for varicose veins, involving a cut in the groin and leaving a bruised and swollen thigh for several days after the operation.
Now EVLT (Endovenous Laser Therapy) is the preferred method of varicose vein ablation. Under general or local anaesthetic a laser fibre is passed along the vein from the knee or calf to the groin. The position of this fibre is confirmed by 3D ultrasound imaging. The laser is then fired and heats the blood in the vein which destroys the inner lining of the vein. Gradually the laser fibre is withdrawn from the leg until the whole vein is destroyed.
This is a much less invasive and simpler, more effective method of vein removal than stripping in most cases.
The surgery is performed at Breclav Hospital by a fully qualified laser technician, under Dr Cierny’s supervision.
The cost of the procedure in a UK private hospital is usually between £2,750 – £3,500
Our fully inclusive package price of £2,295 features:
- FREE DIRECT RETURN FLIGHTS LONDON STANSTEAD – BRNO BY RYANAIR
- ALL TRANSFERS AIRPORT- HOTEL – HOSPITAL
- ONE NIGHT’S STAY IN A LUXURY HOTEL ON YOUR ARRIVAL
- OUR PERSONAL ATTENTION – One of us will be there in Brno to meet you at the hotel and to accompany you to the clinic for your procedure. We will visit you afterwards too – making sure everything goes well for you.
- All pre-operative tests and investigations.
- Pre-operative consultations with Dr Cierny.
- Hernia repair procedure.
- All medicines and dressing whilst at the hospital and during your stay.
- All post-operative check-ups and examinations during your stay.
- One nights’ stay at the hospital in your semi private room (sharing with one other patient from the UK) .
For further information on any of the Procedures listed above please either call or e-mail us and complete the on-line medical questionnaire.