Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (The Gastric Sleeve) Surgery
Fully Inclusive Package – Price £6,490
Euro Price (for Republic of Ireland) €8,200
GUARANTEED UNBEATABLE VALUE FOR WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY – Everything below is included in your package price – NO ONE ELSE WILL OFFER YOU THIS!
COME WITH US AND YOUR SURGERY WILL BE SAFER
- You will stay in a Major Hospital for 3 full days after your surgery. Other providers in UK and abroad send you home or to a hotel after 24 hours – so there is little chance to make sure you are properly recovered and everything is OK
- You will have more tests pre-op – to make sure Surgery goes ahead without problems. Others just give you a blood test and an ECG.
- Dr Cierny is VERY experienced in Sleeve Gastrectomy – he has successfully preformed over 160 of these operations for UK patients, in addition to many others
- We cover costs if you have to stay longer, and need ICU Care or a Re-Operation. Others don’t give this, and you could be faced with £thousands in extra bills!
- We ACCOMPANY YOU when you come with us for surgery – no one else comes to the hospital and stays with you whilst you are there!
- AFTERCARE Support, advice and complete back-up from us for at least 2 years – All this is INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE – as well as air fares, hotel, transport etc. etc.
The three main questions you need to ask when researching weight loss surgery are:
- What procedure will work best for me?
- Will I be safe when I have the surgery?
- Will surgery work for me and help me lose weight?
Which procedure is best for me?
If you are unsure about which type of procedure would work best for you then talk to us. We have had surgery ourselves, and will be happy to answer your questions. Most patients look at Gastric Banding first of all, because the Band is very well known and proven to be effective if you work with it.
We believe the Sleeve Gastrectomy is a very good choice of surgery, and Dr Cierny has done very many successful Sleeve operations for our patients. Patients have an easier time adjusting to life after their surgery and lose the excess weight more quickly with a Sleeve Gastrectomy – though the procedure isn’t suitable for everyone, and it is important to get plenty of information.If you complete a medical form we will be able to put you in touch on a one-to-one basis with other patients who have had surgery with us, so you can get their opinions.
Safe Surgery is our first priority. There is less likelihood of complications during and after surgery with us than if you choose to have surgery in the UK or other European centres for the following reasons.
Our patients all have basic blood tests done in the UK and then a full programme of medical tests in hospital the day before surgery to make absolutely sure the surgery can be performed safely.
Most clinics and hospitals offering Bariatric surgery in UK and abroad just give you basic blood tests and an ECG – this is not enough!
Your surgeon, Dr Michal Cierny PhD. is a renowned and very experienced bariatric surgeon. The standard of medical care and support you will receive from Dr Cierny, his team of experts and from us is on a par with the very best- anywhere in the world. Our hospital is in the process of becoming an International Centre of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery.
All our weight loss procedure costs are fully inclusive. The price you pay us includes Surgery Cost Protection which covers the cost of any extra days in ICU, re-operation or extended stay in the unlikely event there should be any complications. Other providers do not include this!
We make sure you are fully informed to enable you to make the right decision about your surgery, and that you are fully prepared for your surgery – telling you all the facts.
We accompany you throughout your visit for surgery and Deborah will be in the hospital with you every day during your stay to help and guide you.
Will it Work?
There’s no point in spending a lot of money to have weight loss surgery if you don’t lose weight as a result.
To be able and prepared to make the adjustments needed in your relationship with food and eating is vital to success. Weight Loss Surgery – whatever procedure you have is not a magic wand, and to succeed you must be willing to make a real commitment to change. We will help you plan to succeed.
We prepare all our patients before surgery so that they understand how it works and helps them to lose weight. Your surgery is only the start of the process. After surgery you will need support and regular and frequent contact from us to make sure your weight loss is on track.
We will support, advise and monitor you for as long as you need us (at least two whole years) and you can contact us at any time for extra help and advice. We encourage you to keep contact with our other patients who are making the same journey as you. It has been proven that our patients succeed in long-term sustained weight loss when they make full use of the support we offer.
When you approach us you will get straightforward answers and advice from someone who has been there and had weight loss surgery themselves. We do understand that surgery is the solution you look to when all the other attempts at weight loss have failed, and we will work hard with you to make sure you succeed.
- FREE DIRECT RETURN FLIGHTS LONDON STANSTEAD – BRNO BY RYANAIR
- ALL TRANSFERS AIRPORT- HOTEL – HOSPITAL
- ONE NIGHT’S STAY IN A LUXURY HOTEL ON YOUR ARRIVAL
- OUR PERSONAL ATTENTION – We will be there in Brno with you at the hotel and we accompany you in the hospital throughout your pre-operative tests. We will be with you daily after your surgery too – making sure everything goes well for you
- All pre-operative tests and investigations (see technical information)
- Pre-operative consultations with Dr Cierny and his team
- The Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure
- Surgery Cost Protection – which will automatically pay up to 150,000 Czech Koruna (£5,000) to cover you for any re-operations, extended stay in ICU, and the hospital should you need it. This is really important. (see details)
- All the medicines and dressings you need whilst at the hospital and during your stay.
- All post-operative check-ups and examinations during your stay
- Four nights’ stay at the hospital in your semi private room
- Full Cosmetic Bliss after care support when you return home, dietary and nutrition advice and weight monitoring for at least 2 years after your procedure
What extra costs are there?
- NONE – WE ARRANGE AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING FOR YOU
- We do not recommend bringing relatives or friends when you come for weight loss surgery, because you will be staying in the hospital throughout your visit until the time you fly home. Breclav is 45 minutes from Brno and the hospital is approx 1 km from the town centre. Visiting is only permitted after the day of surgery and visiting times are strictly limited to between 3 pm and 5 pm. We can advise relatives of train times and how best to get to the hospital when they arrive in Brno, although the focus of all our attention will (quite rightly) be on you as the patient.
Is the Sleeve the right procedure for me?
Whatever procedure you have, the surgery is only the first step, and if you are to succeed long-term with your weight loss you must understand that surgery is not a magic wand or a miracle cure, it is a tool to allow you to lose weight easily and keep it off – how well you use this tool is up to you! If you are determined to make the most of it, with our help you will succeed, but you need to make full use of the support we give, and you need to be fully ready in your own mind before you have the surgery for the changes it will bring.
Having said this, you should understand that the Sleeve is a major surgery, and we believe you would be most likely to benefit from the sleeve if:
- You have a BMI of 40 and above. Patients with a BMI of between 35 and 40 with co morbidities i.e. other serious health problems associated with your weight* (-see explanation in Technical details page below) may be able to have the Sleeve Gastrectomy but a Gastric Band is the more usual procedure for the “lower” BMI patients.
- You are at least 18 years old, and under 60.
- You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- Your serious weight-loss attempts have had only short-term success.
- You are not suffering from any other diseases that may have caused your obesity.
- You do not suffer from Hiatus Hernia, or other gastric problems which may prevent a Sleeve Gastrectomy from being offered (in which case a Band may possibly be the solution instead)
- You understand that a Sleeve Gastrectomy is a more complex and longer surgical operation than a Gastric Band, it requires a greater degree of post operative attention in the hospital
- You are prepared to make substantial changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- You are reluctant to have a device implanted in your abdomen, and are prepared to consider a “once and for all” solution to your weight problem.
- You are prepared to stay in touch with us and with Dr Cierny in the months and years after your procedure to provide feedback and report on your state of health and general well being, and to give us regular weight loss records. This is a very important part of your post-operative care.
What we will then do
- When we receive your medical questionnaire (please complete it as carefully and as fully as possible) we will check through it and contact you if there are any questions we have for you
- We will then send it to Dr Cierny for consultation, so he and his team can approve you for surgery.
- We will then call you with his decision (the process usually takes no longer than 2-3 days at most) and to go through everything with you to make sure you fully understand what is involved in preparing for surgery, what will happen when you come for surgery, and what we do and how we support you through the process and afterwards.
- We will then confirm everything we have discussed with you in writing, and give you contact details of other patients who have had their surgery with us, so you can talk to them.
- You have not committed yourself to any decision at this stage. When you contact us on receiving the written details you can decide if this is right for you, and we can go ahead on your instructions.
*Package Price – extra costs
Patients who come within the definition of “High Risk” may be asked to pay a small extra charge to cover additional medication, tests and treatment at the hospital. Definitions of who falls into the category of High Risk patients, and the extra costs for the different levels of increased risk can be found here.
*Co-morbidities are medical conditions that exist in addition to obesity and are often a result of being overweight. Co-morbidities are a factor in determining a patient’s eligibility for bariatric surgery. (see Technical Information page for more detailed information)
- Type II diabetes mellitus
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Hypertension; Dislipemia
- High LDL/TG cholesterol levels
- Venous stasis disease
- Significant impairment in activities of daily living
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD);
- Fertility problems
- Obesity-related psychosocial stress
- Sexual dysfunction
- Degenerative joint disease
- Chronic back pain
- Gallbladder disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Menstrual irregularity
- Carcinoma (breast, colon, uterine cancer)
If I am interested in this procedure what should I do next?
- Check your BMI here to see if you qualify for surgery
- Read all the technical information here
- Complete the on-line medical questionnaire here
- Read about how to prepare for surgery here
- Call us or e-mail us and ask questions if there is anything you are not sure about, or if you need further information